I have an academic research interest in practical ethics with particular reference to judicial decision making in the Court of Protection in mental capacity cases.
To read my article co-authored with Dr Hugh Series of Oxford University in 2018 entitled the ‘Advocate and the Expert in the Court of Protection’ please visit the Publications page of this website.
This page will be added to in 2020.
- Court of Protection: www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/court-of-protectionMental Capacity Act 2005: www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2005/9/contents
- Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice and Guidance:www.gov.uk/government/publications/mental-capacity-act-code-of-practice
- Mental Capacity (Amendment) Act 2019: www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/18/contents/enacted
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS): www.scie.org.uk/mca/dols/practice/lps
- Latest developments and recent cases – 39 Essex Chambers: www.39essex.com/practice-area/court-of-protection-barristers/
Judging Values And Participation In Mental Capacity Law research project: https://www.icpr.org.uk/judging-values-and-participation-mental-capacity-law