- ‘Contentious Probate Handbook – Practice and Precedents’, 424 pages including a CD-ROM, priced £79.95, published by the Law Society 1 October 2016 (ISBN: 9781784460600). The photograph shows the book on display in the window of Wildy & Sons, on Fleet Street, in London.
Wildy & Sons Ltd (who deliver worldwide)
- “The Advocate and the Expert in a Testamentary Capacity Claim”, the paper serialised in the monthly Newsletter of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS), of the talk I presented at their Annual Spring Seminar on 7 April 2016, at Charles Russell Speechlys in the City of London. HANDOUT. *
- “The Advocate and the Expert in a Testamentary Capacity Claim”, Published in the Expert Witness Journal (Autumn 2015) LINK* (for the on-line version click this link).
- “Tax-Efficient Wills Simplified 2014/2015”, (360 pages priced £14.99), is available to purchase in the UK from Waterstones and Amazon. Previous editions have sold in Australia (where the book is in the National Library of Australia – http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/160076029), Brazil, China, Europe, South Africa, the Russian Federation, and the USA, and for posting outside the UK a copy can be purchased from Wildy’s – the world’s legal bookshop [http://www.wildy.com/isbn/9781852527396/tax-efficient-wills-simplified-2014-2015-paperback-management-books-2000-ltd], in Lincoln’s Inn and on Fleet Street in London. The book is also available on Kindle for immediate download – click HERE. To view the UK Number 1 bestseller ranking for the Kindle edition of the book (23.12.2014) please click HERE*.
The paperback edition was ranked by Amazon as a UK bestseller at Number 5 in its genre (23.12.2014), and please click HERE* to view the ranking, and at Number 2 (22.12.2014), for most popular products ordered as gifts in the category of personal taxation, and to view the ranking please click HERE*.
- “Tax-Efficient Wills Simplified 2013/2014” has been published, runs to 300 pages, is priced at £14.99, and is available to purchase online at:
Book Review published in the Winter 2013 edition of ‘Light Blue Law’, the Cambridge and District Law Society Newsletter. LINK.
The foreword has been written by Nigel Eastaway OBE, Tax Partner, MHA MacIntyre Hudson, in the City of London who concludes,
‘I think anyone contemplating making a will, or advising their clients about testamentary planning, will find this book accurate, useful, and comprehensive, as a practical guide to inheritance tax planning involving the drafting of tax-efficient wills.’
The book has been fully updated to take account of the tax changes introduced by the bumper Finance Act 2013, and recent cases discussed include:
Chandler v Chandler (2011).
Execution of a Will (Formalities).
Singh & ors v Ahluwalia (2012).
Futter and another v The Commissioners for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, and Pitt and another v The Commissioners for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (2013) (Supreme Court).
HMRC v Pawson (2012).
Matthews v HMRC (2012).
ABC v XZ (2012).
Hawes v Burgess (2013).
Schrader v Schrader (2013).
Gabriel v Little & ors (2012).
Mehjoo v Harben Barker (A Firm) & anr (2013).
Day & anr v Day (2013).
Joshi & ors v Mahida (2013).
Schrader v Schrader (2013).
Validity of a Will.
Paynter & anr v Hinch (2013).
- “Tax-Efficient Wills Simplified 2012/2013” was launched at Waterstones on Friday 7th December 2012. On Christmas Eve Amazon (based on its own internet sales) ranked the book 8 in the top 100 of bestselling books in the category of money and finance guides. [LINK].
To read the Foreword to this edition of the book written by Nigel Eastaway OBE, please click on this link*.
For photos, Amazon book ranking and live video from the Book Launch click HERE.
- “Tax-Efficient Wills Simplified 2011/2012”, published by Management Books 2000 Ltd (November 2011) (ISBN: 9781852526887), which is being sold by Amazon, Waterstones, and Wildy’s (www.wildy.com). Also published as an e-book available from the e-portal at www.mb2000.com.
Photos from November’s book launch – click the images to enlarge
- “Tax-Efficient Wills Simplified 2010/2011” published by Management Books 2000 Ltd (November 2010) (ISBN: 9781852526382), which is being sold by Amazon, Waterstones, and Wildy’s (www.wildy.com).
(Extract from the first review of the book written by Paul Davies of Lane-Smith & Shindler LLP for Trusts and Estates Law and Tax Journal).
- Ranked as a bestseller by Amazon in the top 100 of personal finance books (16.04.2011).
- “Tax-efficient wills”“published in Taxation Magazine (by Lexis Nexis Butterworths) (March 2008). http://www.taxation.co.uk/taxation/articles/2008/03/05/6100/tax-efficient-wills. http://www.lnbconnect.co.uk/Taxation-Magazine/Page-4.html.
- “The concept of sham in relation to offshore trusts, how such a situation can arise and how best it can be avoided” published in the Journal of International Trust and Corporate Planning, Volume 14, Issue 3, 2007, by Jordans. LINK
- “Thin edge of the wedge (Part 1)” published by Euromoney in Project Finance Magazine (July 2001). The adjudication of power project disputes in the aftermath of ABB Zantingh Ltd v. Zedal Building Services Ltd. http://www.projectfinancemagazine.com/Article/2416435/Thin-Edge-of-the-Wedge-Part-1.html.
Text version available HERE*.
- “The legal and commercial consequences of performing unspecified design work in ship-conversion projects” (April 1999). International Conference Paper published by the Royal Institute of Naval Architects in London. LINK*
- “Les effets de la directive communautaire sur la responsabilite du fait des produits sur l’introduction d’une instance au Royaume-Uni” (how to bring a product liability claim in England).Revue du Marche Commun. No325 mars 1989: 176-179, cited on the United Nations Biographic Information System.
- “The inviolability of diplomatic and consular premises.” The Law Society Guardian Gazette 29th June 1988, Vol.95. http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/the-inviolability-diplomatic-and-consular-premises. Cited in Wikipedia August 15th 2012 LINK. Text version available HERE.
*Please note that you will need a suitable pdf reader to view the document, if you need to download the software please click your choice of link below: